Cedar roofs and siding are growing in popularity here in Westchester, NY, and that says something; cedar roofing is one of the oldest, most classic roofing types still used today. In Westchester, your roof, no matter its material, be it common durable asphalt, stately slate, or traditional cedar, is up against the worst of the four seasons.
So that being said, the biggest threat to cedar roofing and siding longevity is our extreme Connecticut weather. Be it the summer sun or a winter storm, Westchester faces some form of precipitation, and your cedar roof sits in a perpetual shifting state of wetness and moisture. Both the summer heat and the freezing temperatures of the winter take a toll on your cedar roofing.
As with all things, if you are looking to keep your roof looking and functioning at peak performance, the best defense is proactive upkeep partnered with a maintenance schedule.
Our Cedar Roofing + Siding Cleaning Process:
- Our cedar roof and siding cleaning services start with a detailed assessment.
- We will come out, meet with you, and walk around your property; you can show us areas that concern you then we will review your home and present our findings.
- After any needed repairs are made (typically simple calking and shingle replacement), we will proceed with our cedar roof or siding cleaning and treatment process. Note: we never use pressure on cedar, and no one should!) our eco-friendly cleaning solution takes half a day to complete, then a full 2-3 days to dry.
- Once dry, we will come back and apply a protective coating (to help create a barrier around your home to keep up unwated moisture and the mold, mildew, and destructive natural elements that can damage your cedar roof and siding.)
Our cedar roof cleaning and the application of the protective coating significantly enhances the home’s curb appeal. You’ll be surprised by just how good our process is, your cedar roof or siding, or both will regain some of its original luster and youthful hue.
When it comes to cedar, you of course, want to be sure you are working with experts, and no team is more dedicated to modern technology and best practices than my cedar roofing and siding cleaning team. We take the time, do our research, and hire only the most skilled craftsmen.
- Westchester Wash and Seal is committed to ecological solutions for environmental challenges. A good cedar roof cleaning can add years to your roof’s life. Of course, a roofing company will say you need a new cedar roof at the first sign of moss or mold – but this is not always true.
A strong roof is a necessity!
A roof replacement is nothing to rush into; a roof cleaning and protective treatment may be all your roof cedar roof and siding need. Having your roof and siding inspected is another step to ensuring that a small problem today won’t become a big problem down the road. The saying ‘An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.’ Certainly appliances here!
Have questions? Never hesitate to reach out we would love to hear from you!